Founded in 1959 the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences is one of the oldest in IIT Madras.
COURSE: 5 Year Integrated Masters of Arts: Developmental Studies & English Studies.
DURATION: 5 Year
CAMPUS: MADRAS IIT CAMPUS
Mark: First time pass in +2; Only two attempts. (GEN: 60%, RES: 55%)
Age: GEN: 25,RES: 30
SEATS: 46 (23 seats each)
Exam Mode: Online
Exam Pattern: Multiple choice questions and Descriptive Essay.
Exam Duration: 2 hrs. 30 mts. MCQ + 30 mts ESSAY.
- English and Comprehension Skill;
- Analytical and Quantitative Ability;
- General Studies covering the areas of
- Indian Economics (since Independence),
- Indian Society,
- Contemporary World Affairs (post-World War II); and
- Environment and Ecology.
Additional Information : Allocation of streams will be based on students’ preferences as well as their academic performance (CGPA) during the first three semesters.
The Chairman, HSEE-2016, JEE Office, IIT Madras, Chennai-600 036,
Phone: (044) 22578220
Email: email@example.com .